News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Thinking at a "clean" permament competition

Started by Simon82, December 20, 2007, 12:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon82

Hi (to zaq and others)

I was thinking that would be good to have a permanent "clean" competition we couldn't decide do make different path to arrive in. I was thinking at a no-rh rule plus a time to respect staying on the track. For example we could go on the grass for a maximun time o 2-3 second maybe to correct ourself, maybe to jump an ostacle who know. Don't you like it?

Bye  :)

zaqrack

of course we do! You just have to trust in pipsqueaks' honesty when playing noRH - not easy with CTG for example.
Another alternative is to use the video capture system, Mark does at SDR NoRH competition.

Chulk

BTW, Simon82, after you set DOSBox parameters correctly, you should try NoRH competition (not anymore managed by Mark, but managed by Krys T?ff from next year on). You'll see NoRH also allows drivers to do crazy replays as well.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Simon82

Quote from: Chulk on December 20, 2007, 02:55:18 PM
BTW, Simon82, after you set DOSBox parameters correctly, you should try NoRH competition (not anymore managed by Mark, but managed by Krys T?ff from next year on). You'll see NoRH also allows drivers to do crazy replays as well.
But norh races are not make here in zaq site, only at USC or others? I see that for the zt79 only one score is inside and rules on this site are gone.

CTG

USC has no RH-free section. But you are welcome in the regular race too. ;)

Zak: f.u.c.k. you! ;D

Duplode

If I got it correctly, Simon's suggestion is to have a NoRH and/or IRC scoreboard for Permanent Comp. tracks. Such a scoreboard, that would most likely be implemented as solely trust-based (right? ;)), could be useful for posting times under such rulesets without having to share the board with 3x:yy times, particularly for newcomers who after joining would like to see times on Default and other tracks as a reference. For that matter I think I'd make use of it too should it exist... :)

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on December 20, 2007, 03:45:16 PM
Could be useful for posting times under such rulesets without having to share the board with 3x:yy times, particularly for newcomers who after joining would like to see times on Default and other tracks as a reference.
Good point by Duplode (as usual).

Simon82

Quote from: Duplode on December 20, 2007, 03:45:16 PM
If I got it correctly, Simon's suggestion is to have a NoRH and/or IRC scoreboard for Permanent Comp. tracks. Such a scoreboard, that would most likely be implemented as solely trust-based (right? ;)), could be useful for posting times under such rulesets without having to share the board with 3x:yy times, particularly for newcomers who after joining would like to see times on Default and other tracks as a reference. For that matter I think I'd make use of it too should it exist... :)
Yeah because I think that each race could be done in a "all permitted" way and in a "just race on the track as fast as possible" in two different scoreboard so one person can race for one type or the other. I've seen rpl of the best times for ex. on default but even if this is a type of fun, I think that the normale race would be competitive and fun too.

Chulk

Quote from: Simon82 on December 21, 2007, 07:30:14 AM
I think that each race could be done in a "all permitted" way and in a "just race on the track as fast as possible" in two different scoreboard.
Can it be done, Zacky?

zaqrack

I dont want a NoRH scoreboard with each track in 2008 - it had no success before, and I don't want to compete with SDR NoRH.
I'm planning to reorganize the permanent competition though - with such rules.

BonzaiJoe

I've always suggested that instead of closed tracks, we should just have ISA rules. And I think it is like that by agreement on some of them. Cherry's Closed and Skid's Closed, for example. But I would love to see it cleaned...
But we can't be quite sure.