News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Melange XGT-88

Started by CTG, January 07, 2009, 01:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

CTG

And the files for testing - please tell if you find any bugs. Thanks!

(Color set collapsed once, I can't really explain it. Hopefully it will work now with reduced number of options.)

Friker

Chulk

Next live race with new Melange?
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Btw the graphic update is optional - if somebody doesn't like it, the old files are still compatible.

Duplode

Wonderful!  :) The car looks great, the colour schemes are very cool and there are no bugs I can see. I have just two suggestions, both regarding colour schemes:

1. In order to preserve the colour choices by pipsqueaks of the past as much as possible, it would be a good idea to reorder the paint jobs so that the order roughly matches the NSX / old Melange one.  The .3sh attached to this post has the paint jobs in the order I'd suggest. I have written a little program which can do the reordering automatically, so if you would prefer a different order or have unpublished changes to your .3sh, just tell me and I can generate the modified .3sh again. The order I used is:

Blue / Black (old Melange: Blue)
Red / White (old Melange: Red)
Yellow / Black (old Melange: Yellow)
Silver / Red (old Melange: Silver)
White / Sky Blue (old Melange: Cyan)
Black / White (old Melange: Graffiti)
Green / Yellow (old Melange: Golden)
Purple / White
White / Red / Green

2. A minor change for you to consider, which I have not done in the attached file, would be making the shades of blue in the Argentinian colour scheme a bit darker - maybe 67 and 66 instead of 29 and 30 respectively. The main reason for the suggestion is that material 30 matches exactly the colour of the sky, so using it for the side panels of the car can look a little funny with some angles of the F3 camera. Other than that, both options look as good as each other to me.

CTG

Thank you Duplode, again! :)

I agree with both of your suggestions. Here is the final (?) version of 3D shape.

Friker

Well, I took some rides with this beast and I can tell I dislike this car even more than IMSA. :) Over 150 mph in corners and non-stunts handling is very unusual for my taste. :)

CTG

Quote from: Friker on December 26, 2012, 12:01:15 AM
Well, I took some rides with this beast and I can tell I dislike this car even more than IMSA. :) Over 150 mph in corners and non-stunts handling is very unusual for my taste. :)

Sometimes over 180 and yes, it's unusual. Perfect for me. :D

Friker

Quote from: CTG on December 26, 2012, 01:35:48 AM

:o 180? that's far beyond my capacities. Go to Hell (literally) with that car. :D

CTG

Quote from: Friker on December 26, 2012, 02:51:58 AM

:o 180? that's far beyond my capacities. Go to Hell (literally) with that car. :D

Have I ever told that Melange is my favorite car?

http://forum.stunts.hu/index.php?topic=1680.msg37414#msg37414

Friker

Quote from: CTG on December 27, 2012, 09:57:45 PM

Yes, I know that. Still it does not change the thing: Go to the hell. :D

CTG

Quote from: Friker on December 28, 2012, 12:52:30 AM
Quote from: CTG on December 27, 2012, 09:57:45 PM

Yes, I know that. Still it does not change the thing: Go to the hell. :D

I'm already there.

dreadnaut

I'll be looking for flats soon, are they cheap there? How about the neighbours?

CTG

~750 Euro/m2, neighbours: loud and stupid