News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

F1 Tipping

Started by Mingva, May 10, 2003, 06:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on June 18, 2007, 02:39:04 PM
85 points, sorry... 15 finished drivers also correct... if i had selected that damned trifecta, i would have won the round on the board...

Rosszul fogadt?l, sopt?l, te fasz! ;D

Chulk

41 points for me. Very few bonus points for me.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Akoss Poo85 points (...) if i had selected that damned trifecta, i would have won the round on the board...
Yep, with trifecta you would have 50 points more, so it would have been 135 points. Winner of this round had 135 points. So you may have been winner ex-aequo... If you had chosen trifecta. ;D

Krys TOFF

Don't forget to tip, and take a look at the new design of www.formula1.com website. ;)

Chulk

Trifecta or quinella?

Chances of getting quinella (regarding only Ferrari, McLaren or BMW can really be on the podium)

Total conbinations: 6*5=30
Winning combinations 2*1=1

So chances to win quinella are 2/30 = 1/15

Chances of getting trifecta (regarding only Ferrari, McLaren or BMW can really be on the podium)

Total combinations: 6*5*4= 120
Winning combinations: 1*1*1=1

So chances to win trifecta are 1/120

Chances to win trifecta are 8 times lower than winning quinella but the points awarded are only 4.33 higher so the question is: Does it worth the risk to bet on trifecta? I think not.

Chulk

By the way: tips for qualy and race

1- Alonso
2- Hamilton
3- Massa

Krys TOFF

Ferrari last tests were promising, Ferrari will win I think. A new championship will start from now, "Kimi strikes back" will be the quote of the week-end. We'll see after the friday practice if I'm completely wrong or not. :D

Chulk

Even if Ferrari is good from now on, Kimi won't strike back as team orders will give top priority to Massa, at least I think so. Anyway I think this year title is already decided for McLaren (hope I'm not wrong)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: ChulkEven if Ferrari is good from now on, Kimi won't strike back as team orders will give top priority to Massa, at least I think so.
I don't think there will be team orders so soon in the season. Mathematically, both pipsqueaks can be champions, and Kimi has a lot to prove compared to his last results. Kimi will win, or he won't finish the race due to engine blow-up, but he can't afford to stay behind Massa without a fight.

Krys TOFF

Friday practice proved me right :
1 6 Kimi R?ikk?nen Ferrari 1:15.382   
2 5 Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:15.447
3 1 Fernando Alonso McLaren-Mercedes 1:16.154
Exactly my tip for qualify and race result. ;D

Krys TOFF

As I expected, Kimi is back, and Ferrari did 1 and 2.
I will have 51 points for this GP because qualifying and race made Alonso away from podium, but I got correct number of finishers and quinella bonus. Good. :)

Krys TOFF

Not 51 but 53 (I always forget the 2 bonus points for team).

Don't forget to tip as next GP is next week-end in UK. A Lewis Hamilton victory there would make Britains crazy, but it won't happen as Kimi will win again I think.

Krys TOFF

Oh, I forgot to say that I come back in the top 50 scoreboard (I'm 33rd 8)) and that our team enter in the top 100 team at the 93rd place. ;)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Raikk?nen's victory was because of Massa's bad luck. I think Massa will win in Britain.
Chürműű! :-)

1000.08 km

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Akoss PooRaikk?nen's victory was because of Massa's bad luck. I think Massa will win in Britain.
Nope.
Kimi did the perfect Schumi-style victory : his best laps were all made when Felipe was in pitstop.
1st pitstop for them both : he comes from 5 seconds late to 2 seconds late only.
2nd pitstop : he was 1.5 seconds behind and finally he comes out 1 second before Felipe.
After a perfect start Kimi did what was needed to stay in touch as long as he was behind, then he raced at his best both times when Massa was changing tyres, and finally he finished before, slightly helped by a little bit long 2nd pitstop of Felipe.
How many times Schumi managed to bypass his direct opponent this way ? That is with marvelous laps when the opponent was in pitstop ? I can't count because there's so much.

Now we have 8 races, 4 best pipsqueaks all won 2 of them. Lewis is leading only because he finished all the races in the podium. This championship is really interesting, I like it this way.