News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Cars and rules for 2023

Started by dreadnaut, November 20, 2022, 10:49:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreadnaut

Quote from: Duplode on January 08, 2023, 06:32:14 PMI'm not sure if this would work well. In this list, the McLaren plays the role of an F1/Indy class car to give PG cars some extra competition

Oh, I had missed that, makes sense. One last question: McLaren or... Lola Cosworth?

Daniel3D

Quote from: dreadnaut on January 08, 2023, 10:50:48 PM
Quote from: Duplode on January 08, 2023, 06:32:14 PMI'm not sure if this would work well. In this list, the McLaren plays the role of an F1/Indy class car to give PG cars some extra competition

Oh, I had missed that, makes sense. One last question: McLaren or... Lola Cosworth?
The McLaren has featured already. It's a lot more powerful than the indy (except for PG)
The Lola is more like the Indy but without PG.
I like the McLaren a lot, but the Lola is better for the competition I think.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Daniel3D

A few days left. Dreadnaut, what is your verdict  8)
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Cas

I agree it'd be interesting to include the Lola.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Argammon

I would like to see the thunderbird and the Pantera. I would not mind if the challenger has to wait.  :)

dreadnaut

New season is up, with the custom cars line-up discussed earlier:

We'll need to side pictures, for the new cars entering the competition: @alanrotoi's Pantera and @CTG's  Challenger 🙏

Scoring system updated to "linear-linear" (12 -> 1 step 1, 0.95 -> 0.05 step 0.05, 0.00), but no other changes for this year 🏁

Duplode

All right, here we go!  8)

Quote from: dreadnaut on January 15, 2023, 04:10:16 PMWe'll need to side pictures, for the new cars entering the competition: @alanrotoi's Pantera and @CTG's  Challenger 🙏

Already on the way -- Alan has taken the screenshots, and I can get them uploaded.

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on January 15, 2023, 04:15:03 PMAll right, here we go!  8)

Quote from: dreadnaut on January 15, 2023, 04:10:16 PMWe'll need to side pictures, for the new cars entering the competition: @alanrotoi's Pantera and @CTG's  Challenger 🙏
It was a co-production with Ryoma.

Daniel3D

Quote from: CTG on January 15, 2023, 04:31:45 PM
Quote from: Duplode on January 15, 2023, 04:15:03 PMAll right, here we go!  8)

It was a co-production with Ryoma.
It is still your car. Your idea.
I my view he contributed to help finish it.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Overdrijf

Was there a permanent change to the car coefficients for some reason, or were the temporary bonuses just applied a bit odd?

dreadnaut

I had to adapt the coefficients a bit, as it happens every January. The sum of coefficients is costant, so by removing cars worth X points, I have to distribute X points back. Probably more visible this year, as Skyline + Stratos accounted for 47 points by themselves, and McLaren and Mercedes went in with negative bonuses.

Duplode

Quote from: Daniel3D on January 15, 2023, 04:51:14 PM
Quote from: CTG on January 15, 2023, 04:31:45 PMIt was a co-production with Ryoma.
It is still your car. Your idea.
I my view he contributed to help finish it.

Ryoma himself pointed that out to me when I added the Challenger to that car testing thread. In any case, I'll add both credits to the Wiki and, when the time for that comes, to the Archive car readme. Congratulations on making it to the final list, @CTG ! :)