News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Scoreboard battles

Started by Erik Barros, August 30, 2023, 04:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frieshansen

Argammon

I have told my teammates quite a while ago and can now announce it in public: I am not going to compete for the Zakstunts title in 2024. I just cannot make my mind up whether I should participate casually in a couple of races or take a break from (Zak)stunts altogether.

This raises the question who is going to fight for the championship next year. Let's have a quick recap and first consider the last couple of seasons:

2020: Very close battle between Duplode (107), CTG (105) and Seeker 1982 (104). However, after taking into account leading-time bonus, Duplode (1 ltb) is clearly the best driver of the season. [CTG (8 ltb), Seeker (9ltb)].

2021. Alanrotoi (117) makes a comeback to serious racing in an epic battle against Duplode (106) and wins his first ever Zakstunts championship. After controlling for leading time bonus, Alanrotoi's lead shrinks to two points indicating the performance on the tracks was quite even. CTG had a strong start (3rd, 1st, 1st, 4th) but then skipped too many races in good old Argammon fashion to play a role in the final classification.

2022. On first glance, this season again seemed to feature an Alanrotoi (117) vs Duplode (102) battle. However, Alanrotoi's lead after correcting for leading-time bonus is 7 points indicating he was the dominating driver of the season. Duplode's replays seem to be on average considerably worse than in 2021, perhaps meaning Duplode made more of a casual appearance instead of seriously fighting for the title. CTG again competed in the first couple of races albeit with less success (2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd) before quitting most of the races.

2023. The battle of Argammon vs Duplode. Duplode was clearly the best driver at the beginning of the season, winning the first two races. Argammon shrugged off his rustiness from a 15-year break with a stellar flying GTO replay in the third race, laying the foundation for his first ever Zakstunts title. After correcting for leading-time bonus, Argammon's lead shrinks to (currently) two points meaning this season featured a real battle. Alanrotoi submitted strong replays the first three races (3rd, 3rd, 3rd) but stepped off the gas paddle for the rest of the season.

2024. Duplode vs ??. The champions from 2021 to 2023 Alanrotoi and Argammon have announced they are not going to compete for the title. Is there anybody going to step up and challenge Duplode? I am kind of hoping that one of the old-time greats makes a comeback. If not, I can see Duplode dominating the season with 10-12 wins.

dreadnaut

Argh, you've now made me think of top-6 line charts at the top of each season scoreboard. That's the evening gone 😅

[edit: actually, that looks boring, will think of something else 🤔)

Overdrijf

Quote from: dreadnaut on October 31, 2023, 02:19:36 PM[edit: actually, that looks boring, will think of something else 🤔)

A cartography plug-in for instant reviewing of past races?  ;)

Erik Barros

I prepared another trip to the past, this time I would like to revisit a race from 2009, @Duplode did a great lap in a race for his first championship title, I believe that a battle against @Renato Biker should not be easy. The car used was the Ferrari GTO, now enough PG for the next episodes.

You cannot view this attachment.

alanrotoi

Wow! What a unique race. Maybe the best result by Dstien and a strong comeback for Paradisio (Mingva).

Erik Barros

Quote from: alanrotoi on November 25, 2023, 09:36:32 PMWow! What a unique race. Maybe the best result by Dstien and a strong comeback for Paradisio (Mingva).

Cool!! Thanks for sharing the historical details.

Duplode

Quote from: alanrotoi on November 25, 2023, 09:36:32 PMWow! What a unique race. Maybe the best result by Dstien and a strong comeback for Paradisio (Mingva).

Also, Renato's comeback after the 2006 title. A memorable race, thanks @Erik Barros for the video!

Cas

It's very interesting how the PG turns are seen in the video
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Erik Barros

Hello There! Today I want to present the Porsche March Indy battle that took place at the CCC Christmas event organized by @Daniel3D, the biggest difference was the correction of the bug that allowed the use of Power Gear, this video contains the fastest lap of the competition made by @Spoonboy. I intend to create the animations for the other cars. Here on the forum there is a memory restriction for uploading files, I decided to create a YouTube channel to have higher resolution content available, I will always keep a lower resolution copy here on the forum. The link to this video is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbL1NVU4wm0

alanrotoi

Nice video!! I love this project! The Youtube version is even cooler so go and take a look!
Congratulations again to @Spoonboy for the victory!

Spoonboy

@Erik Barros these videos are glorious - what a fantastic project!
Great to see the effect some shortcuts have on the field. They are also complimented by @Duplode's style of analysis, as seen following ZCT269.

Erik Barros

Hello There!! Nothing like a race on the default track!! It was the stage for the ZCT079 edition, my mind exploded when I saw how quickly it was possible to reach the end and with several different paths. This race was won by @Ayrton, followed by @Duplode, @Chulk, @Mark L. Rivers, @alanrotoi and @AbuRaf70. You guys rock it!!

Cas

I will never fully understand penalty time rules, ha, ha
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.