News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT 269 - Yella Valley

Started by alanrotoi, December 04, 2023, 03:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

Please ask Zak to race at least a list filler! He's the onlyone who raced in all the seasons! He has 11 days to keep his record!!

Cas

:o Definitely!  Let the thread not get cut!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

This year will be only 2 race winners. It didn't happened since 2015 season (Akoss - Duplode)

alanrotoi

Quote from: alanrotoi on December 04, 2023, 03:16:05 AMPlease ask Zak to race at least a list filler! He's the onlyone who raced in all the seasons! He has 11 days to keep his record!!

Oh wait I was wrong. He lost the record in 2019. He has 3 days to keep sharing the record of 22 seasons with me.
Maybe from the present eyes it looks the same but we are from different Stunts generations. I started about 3 years after his debut as a pipsqueak and I found Zakstunts in the middle of the second season (2002). So it would feel weird to have more presence than him here.

Argammon

Quote from: alanrotoi on December 12, 2023, 12:13:19 AMThis year will be only 2 race winners. It didn't happened since 2015 season (Akoss - Duplode)

That is not clear yet. You will have to wait until the last race is over.  :)

Daniel3D

Quote from: Argammon on December 14, 2023, 11:27:48 AM
Quote from: alanrotoi on December 12, 2023, 12:13:19 AMThis year will be only 2 race winners. It didn't happened since 2015 season (Akoss - Duplode)

That is not clear yet. You will have to wait until the last race is over.  :)
I guess Alan isn't interested in taking the lead. And you and duplode are the two . Who.. else...?
KyLiE??
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Duplode

Here goes an analysis of ZCT269, a very interesting race full of alternatives!

Sector definitions:

Split times (non-Challenger laps had their times corrected):

Section times:

Top 6 chart (showing reverse gaps to current leader):

7-12 chart:

All Dodge Challengers chart:

The full data is in the attached workbook. Some highlights:

• Sector 4 was the decisive one for Argammon, with an excellent pair of slide turns. Meanwhile, Alan Rotoi moved ahead of me in a close fight for second place with a fast sector 5, and consolidated the advantage with a pretty final cut in sector 7.

• The battle for 4th place was intense, with Frieshansen doing better at the beginning of the track, Erik at the middle and KyLiE standing his ground at the final sectors. There was also plenty going on between 7th and 12th, from Spoonboy sensationally clawing back lost time from the l/r cork jump onward to Ferrao securing full points in a very good debut performance.

• Both Marco and dstien had solid early sectors (dstien had the third best sector 3 overall!) but then lost a lot of speed at the sector 5 dirt chicane, something that proved hard to come back from.

• You can tell the main line used on the first part of the track just by looking at the chart: those who opted for the outer loopcut into grass had an advantage on sector 2, but then those who went for the inner loopcut bridge the gap with higher speed in sector 3. Adding up sectors 2 and 3 (see the adjacent-sectors sheet in the workbook) shows the two lines were very well balanced; ultimately, the best 2-3 time was from Alan Rotoi with an inner loopcut.

Daniel3D

Can you make an animation of the top 6?
Edison once said,
---------
---------

dreadnaut

Very interesting analysis, thank you @Duplode!

KyLiE

@Duplode, thank you for the detailed analysis!  It's very interesting indeed! :)

Spoonboy

Thankyou for this analysis @Duplode! Really fascinating. It's a lot like the mental analysis I go through when comparing times during races.

Duplode

Thanks everyone! And indeed @Spoonboy there's a lot in common with what you can do during a race, from contrasting different takes to identifying the seams and segues between the sectors of the track.

Erik Barros

Thanks for sharing this great analysis @Duplode!!! Section 3->4 was hard for me, this drifting in bridge required a lot of patience.

Daniel3D

Quote from: Erik Barros on December 22, 2023, 02:55:02 AMThanks for sharing this great analysis @Duplode!!! Section 3->4 was hard for me, this drifting in bridge required a lot of patience.
You had a good line there, overall a very strong and balanced race. Definitely not an amateur anymore   8)
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Spoonboy

4 and 5 were the hardest for me to get right, which I can see in the data. But I could also tell that to gain enough to gain another place, I would have to start the lap from the beginning! Indeed, the charts show the times beginning to diverge from the leader pretty much at the start. In this race, nailing the gears on the straights was just as crucial as getting the corners/obstacles done successfully.