News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT276 - Bonkstad - The Bonk's Lair

Started by Shoegazing Leo, June 29, 2024, 11:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoegazing Leo

Everybody, according the AI, knew Bonk.

Edited on July with pic add, 1st:
(Yes, that Thunderbird lap was no-RH)

alanrotoi

Cas

Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

alanrotoi

So what's going on? The competition turned strange at least in the beginning of the months. A lot of ltb earned by frieshansen, zapper, overdrijf, erik, spoonboy...

Can you see 3 groups of 4 pipsqueaks? @Zapper, @Frieshansen, @Spoonboy and @Mark Nailwood . The other group is @Erik Barros, @Overdrijf, @dreadnaut and @ryoma.
The other group is @Mortimer Macmire, @Shoegazing Leo, @Cas and @dstien.

Very interesting battles all over the scoreboars just like in 2021 season!

Erik Barros

Quote from: alanrotoi on July 07, 2024, 03:26:52 AMSo what's going on? The competition turned strange at least in the beginning of the months. A lot of ltb earned by frieshansen, zapper, overdrijf, erik, spoonboy...

Can you see 3 groups of 4 pipsqueaks? @Zapper, @Frieshansen, @Spoonboy and @Mark Nailwood . The other group is @Erik Barros, @Overdrijf, @dreadnaut and @ryoma.
The other group is @Mortimer Macmire, @Shoegazing Leo, @Cas and @dstien.

Very interesting battles all over the scoreboars just like in 2021 season!

I need to thank you and @Duplode for leaving ltb hours available  ;D  ;D  ;D

Duplode

Indeed, the lead battle has been pretty interesting to watch -- let's see what the second week will bring!

dreadnaut

Haven't seen @KyLiE in a while, whom I would have placed in the first group. Anyone heard from him?

Spoonboy

Quote from: Erik Barros on July 07, 2024, 11:31:17 PMI need to thank you and @Duplode for leaving ltb hours available  ;D  ;D  ;D

Haha yes!  ;D

I find that some months I work on laps quietly and submit them only when totally happy with them.
Other months, I submit my progress more while replays are public, to see how close I can stay to the top!
This open method is probably more work, but maybe makes me concentrate on details I might not otherwise revisit until later in the month 🤔

Either way, its a pleasure to be mentioned around such amazing names!

For fun, I'll share my thoughts of an average Stunts month for me, as I see it in my head:

Week 1: New track! Lap blitz.
Week 2: Calm refining of laps, occasionally starting over.
Week 3: Exhaustion, battle weary...
Week 4: Last chance! More blitzing, perfecting, hoping...

And then fitting R4K and maybe a CCC race into the mix 😁

Duplode

Quote from: dreadnaut on July 08, 2024, 09:46:45 AMHaven't seen @KyLiE in a while, whom I would have placed in the first group. Anyone heard from him?

Having a sabbatical after an intense season last year. He's still around at R4K though, running the show along with Cas!

alanrotoi

Anyway he took part in the last live race event.

Erik Barros

Quote from: Spoonboy on July 08, 2024, 12:04:05 PM
Quote from: Erik Barros on July 07, 2024, 11:31:17 PMI need to thank you and @Duplode for leaving ltb hours available  ;D  ;D  ;D

Haha yes!  ;D

I find that some months I work on laps quietly and submit them only when totally happy with them.
Other months, I submit my progress more while replays are public, to see how close I can stay to the top!
This open method is probably more work, but maybe makes me concentrate on details I might not otherwise revisit until later in the month 🤔

Either way, its a pleasure to be mentioned around such amazing names!

For fun, I'll share my thoughts of an average Stunts month for me, as I see it in my head:

Week 1: New track! Lap blitz.
Week 2: Calm refining of laps, occasionally starting over.
Week 3: Exhaustion, battle weary...
Week 4: Last chance! More blitzing, perfecting, hoping...

And then fitting R4K and maybe a CCC race into the mix 😁

The differences in strategy are quite interesting, I generally like to do several laps before starting a more serious lap, to get used to the layout. But there are players who prefer to advance only when they have their maximum at each checkpoint on the track.

PS 1 - I'm curious about @Mark Nailwood method, he's been competing since the 90s, a legend. And he feels a big difference between what competitions were like in the past and what they have today.

PS 2 - There's a very good article by @BonzaiJoe, I don't know if you've seen it, there's a lot of gold mining on the website and the forum  :)  (https://zak.stunts.hu/articles/tips-for-newbies)

Spoonboy

Quote from: Erik Barros on July 11, 2024, 12:13:14 AMThe differences in strategy are quite interesting, I generally like to do several laps before starting a more serious lap, to get used to the layout. But there are players who prefer to advance only when they have their maximum at each checkpoint on the track.

PS 1 - I'm curious about @Mark Nailwood method, he's been competing since the 90s, a legend. And he feels a big difference between what competitions were like in the past and what they have today.

PS 2 - There's a very good article by @BonzaiJoe, I don't know if you've seen it, there's a lot of gold mining on the website and the forum  :)  (https://zak.stunts.hu/articles/tips-for-newbies)

Yes, reconnaissance is always a good plan!

It is interesting to look old races and see the chat during them. I've also found my teammates' knowledge of previous races, maybe seeing rare tricks before, has been so valuable for context in the modern races.

I remember reading @BonzaiJoe's article soon after I started. It taught me a lot about my approach to races, and made me realise that there was a lot more to Stunts than just driving fast. There are many subtle aspects and hidden depths that you only realise by being an active part of the community!