News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Legendary races

Started by CTG, April 14, 2006, 11:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

My favorite is still ZCT 14. Introduction of Alan Rotoi with that great jump at the end... plus many-many good tight matches, like ZCT 34, ZCT 36, ZCT 41, ZCT 59 or ZCT 60. Unfortunately I missed some really good fights in the summers.

And maybe Debrecen, Eger, Kaposv?r, P?cs and C?rdoba from UnskilledStunts.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

The legendary races were in 2002, when this generation appeared. ZCT 12, 13, 14, 15, 17... and of course the mighty and extra legendary ZCT 16, the best race ever.
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

BonzaiJoe

ZCT16 was the worst race ever  :evil:

The best, legendary races:

ZCT11! (big scandal, tight race, close times, lots of strong pipsqueaks, a legendary three-way track and a unique trick from D@rio)

ZCT14 (I don't know why, but this track is some kind of Zakstunts milestone/classic)

ZCT22 (the tightest top finish in Stunts history)

ZCT35 (hardest one on one battle)

ZCT46 (a nice Indy race that must not be forgotten)

ZCT60 (exciting race, many high-class replays)
But we can't be quite sure.

Argammon

I think if you would ask gutix or ayrton they would list different races :D

Quote from: "Argammon"I think if you would ask gutix or ayrton they would list different races :D

Because they missed the Golden Era of Stunts racing. :P They were taught to drive, to do tricks... our generation invented them. :)

816.79 km

Argammon

Na...

I think the main reason is that people tend  to overestimate races which happened in times they were among the top pipsqueaks. ->Golden Times

Now since those times are long gone and a lot of pipsqueaks can't compete against Ayrton etc anymore they look back and remember how everything was so much better back then... beautifull replays tricks etc.

CTG

On one hand, Argammon is right. We are on a superb level compared to 2002 - but with a lot more RH and fanatism. Just take a look at Ayrton's Z61 replay. Imagine the time he spent with doing several magic carpets in a row.

On the other hand, Akoss Poo is right too. 2002 and 2003 were the years of trick inventions. It was nice to see new solutions - and we know most of them now. It's hard to find new things. C?rdoba bring something really new but not that attractive - possible shortcut for connecting multiply ways.

CTG

Quote from: "Argammon"Now since those times are long gone and a lot of pipsqueaks can't compete against Ayrton etc anymore they look back and remember how everything was so much better back then... beautifull replays tricks etc.

Another disagreement: I was a crappy pipsqueak in the so called Golden Era but I liked it better then the later seasons, even better than the months with my victories. We did something new in that era and we lived a real community life. Now it's just about RH hours.

Quote from: "Argammon"Now since those times are long gone and a lot of pipsqueaks can't compete against Ayrton etc anymore they look back and remember how everything was so much better back then... beautifull replays tricks etc.

This topic is not about beautiful replays, it's about legendary races. (If you want to talk about beautiful replays, I guess there's a topic for it.) It's not a legendary race if only 1-2 nations take part and drivers doesn't really know each other, they are silent in forum and chatroom is dead. It's a grey and boring race of time millionaire South Americans. And now it infected UnskilledStunts, too.

Sorry if I was a bit hard. But legendary races will never come back.

816.79 km

Chulk

Quote from: "Akoss Poo"It's a grey and boring race of time millionaire South Americans. And now it infected UnskilledStunts, too.
"WE" didn't "infect" anything. You're making a big deal out of it just because Europeans don't win as easily as they used to do in the "Golden Era". If you invented those tricks, you should do them better than anyone who wasn't racing in that time, right? Or at least as good as them. Besides not every South American is silent in the Forum (Renato, Vamologo, Me). And those who don't join the forum can't speak English so they think it's useless.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

South Americans are welcome in USC.

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: "Chulk"
Quote from: "Akoss Poo"It's a grey and boring race of time millionaire South Americans. And now it infected UnskilledStunts, too.
"WE" didn't "infect" anything. You're making a big deal out of it just because Europeans don't win as easily as they used to do in the "Golden Era". If you invented those tricks, you should do them better than anyone who wasn't racing in that time, right? Or at least as good as them. Besides not every South American is silent in the Forum (Renato, Vamologo, Me). And those who don't join the forum can't speak English so they think it's useless.

Well... I think it's quite true what Akoss says, except for the important fact that it's not a particularly south-american thing. Alain and CTG race more like this than any other pipsqueaks, and of the South Americans, it's only Gutix, Renato and Ayrton.
For the drivers who don't speak english, (which is only Ayrton; Gutix, Paleke and Alan Rotoi (currently) (and Jules?) speak english perfectly well but are silent all the same) the spanish/portuguese forum was created. Still no activity.

Stunts was always a bit like this, I think, but lately it has become much much worse, and that's why we look back on "the golden era" with longing. I think the main difference between those times and these days is that you didn't have to spend days maxing out a replay to be in the top of the scoreboard.
But I guess races like 59 and 60 were really good despite this.

CTG

Quote from: "BonzaiJoe"Alain and CTG race more like this than any other pipsqueaks

False... I don't race as much as Renato or Chulk. I spent about 2-2.5 hours on the current GTO track.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "BonzaiJoe"Stunts was always a bit like this, I think, but lately it has become much much worse, and that's why we look back on "the golden era" with longing. I think the main difference between those times and these days is that you didn't have to spend days maxing out a replay to be in the top of the scoreboard.
For me, main difference is that during my Orion period (mid-2002 to end 2003), I was only racing Stunts competitions. I probably raced more per month on each track, but not so much more. But I had plenty of time to go to chatroom when I was not racing Stunts/managing Stunts competition.

Since 2004 I race more competitions on different games. And even if I keep a certain amount of stunts racing time (something around 3 hours per month for all the competitions, not per competition like some other pipsqueaks), I spend the rest of my web free time on other racing games (TrackMania mainly for online racing, and other PC or console games for offline competitions like Stunts competitions). I also take part in the management of a french website based on offline racing competitions.
That's why I'm not so present in chatroom.
But to be honest, I really miss all the Stunts live races managed in chatroom we did... :roll:

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: "CTG"
Quote from: "BonzaiJoe"Alain and CTG race more like this than any other pipsqueaks

False... I don't race as much as Renato or Chulk. I spent about 2-2.5 hours on the current GTO track.

Gee, if you spent all your noRH hours on real racing instead then, Ayrton would be your dog.