News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Legendary races

Started by CTG, April 14, 2006, 11:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Rotoi is my dog.  :-D

Chulk

Quote from: "CTG"
Quote from: "BonzaiJoe"Alain and CTG race more like this than any other pipsqueaks

False... I don't race as much as Renato or Chulk. I spent about 2-2.5 hours on the current GTO track.
What makes you so sure about the amount of hours I spend in Stunts? I have a life. If you really need to know to stop saying that kind of shit, I play about 40-50 minutes per week. The rest of my free time I see my girlfriend.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

BonzaiJoe

Chulk, please... Don't be mad. You are usually of a kind nature, an open and thoughtful kind of person here. Don't become bitter like some other pipsqueaks have before because of CTG.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

It wasn't a charge - just Renato said you play a lot.

vamologocomisso

CTG, this avatar suits you  :-D
n?o me sinto inspirado para escrever nada de impacto, para que todos digam: "Puxa! Que demais!  :)

CTG

Yes I really like beer. :D:D:D

CTG

Quote from: "CTG"Yes I really like beer. :D:D:D

Me too. :)

Back to the topic: the question was which races did you like or what. No more arguements about "Golden Era", infected contests and personal bullshit please. I can't see any stories about why you like the certain races but the charging mood is visible. You infected, you complain, you cry because you can't beat XY... It's so childish.

I used to watch old replays and archive results. As an outsider I say ZCT 11, 14, 15, 22, 46, 48, 59 and 60 were the best in Zak's; Arrabona, Kaposv?r, P?cs and C?rdoba in Unskilled. I'll check the Kalpens too if I have some freetime. :)

zaqrack

would you like a replay-viewing (like in a cinema, the best replays from changing viewpoints :)) hour on the meeting? :)

CTG

Sounds good but maybe a bit boring. :D I suggest to make a video file with magic laps, analysis/stories in words.

Stunts documentary film. :)

BonzaiJoe

I think it sounds great, but it sounds like it would be a bit too hard to make, for just one hour of watching.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Not that hard if you use video capture on DOS-Box. :)

alanrotoi

Quote from: "Akoss Poo"
Quote from: "Argammon"I think if you would ask gutix or ayrton they would list different races :D

Because they missed the Golden Era of Stunts racing. :P They were taught to drive, to do tricks... our generation invented them. :)

Amen!

al il professore

okay, I have two questions about legendary races and... legendary pipsqueaks, of which the more important to me is the last one:

hey, alanrotoi, did your z16 lap was ten seconds faster than mine because you hide your time or because I drove it ten seconds slower than yours? I developed a complex since then: of course, buoyed by the effect of this setback and some others, it made me become the first french stunts champion next year, but I could never be a champion again because of an army of latinoes... the history would have been simpler if you didnt send this replay: I would have been winning z16, z17, z18, z19, z20 and until probably z70... in a row. I would be the master of the universe by... 2007. Because of a stupid acura trick called the "magic carpet". Before z16 everybody replay handled, even nailwood told it, but z16 marked the end of the civilization of the normal replay handling pipsqueaks, and marked the beginning of the civilization of the bug chasers.

Who will be the only pipsqueak able to win two zakstunts championships in his life? Active candidates are ayrton, bonzai joe, gutix, and me. possible candidates are ayrton and me. probable candidate is renato.

hell the skid am I old enough to remember the williams renault active suspension controversy??
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

alanrotoi

Quote from: al il professore on October 27, 2006, 01:01:42 AMokay, I have two questions about legendary races and... legendary pipsqueaks, of which the more important to me is the last one:

hey, alanrotoi, did your z16 lap was ten seconds faster than mine because you hide your time or because I drove it ten seconds slower than yours?
He's talking about ZCT16: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwqEimcPWMM

There is a funny anecdote about it. We usually met in the chatroom Akoss, CTG, Alain, Mingva, Zak Bonzai Joe, me, etc. I found the magic carpet trick for this track about a week before the end of the race and I suspected everybody was hidding a 10 seconds faster replay. So I met Alain (and I guess it was there also Mingva, his teammate, too) few days closer to the end. We were talking about the race and he asked me how this race would finish. It was a weird month because we were a lot of new pipsqueaks, Roy was the undisputed champion but he suddenly was away and only sent a weak lap, so it was that strange feeling in the air. I said I'm pretty sure everybody is hidding an unusual amount of seconds.

Quote from: al il professore on October 27, 2006, 01:01:42 AMI developed a complex since then: of course, buoyed by the effect of this setback and some others, it made me become the first french stunts champion next year, but I could never be a champion again because of an army of latinoes... the history would have been simpler if you didnt send this replay: I would have been winning z16, z17, z18, z19, z20 and until probably z70... in a row. I would be the master of the universe by... 2007. Because of a stupid acura trick called the "magic carpet".
 Before z16 everybody replay handled, even nailwood told it, but z16 marked the end of the civilization of the normal replay handling pipsqueaks, and marked the beginning of the civilization of the bug chasers.

He's right with his own particular way of speaking. Maybe zct16 was the mark of the end of the era but  I think the change started before. Roy Wiegerinck did several "high level" tricks that year showing the way of how will be the next step in the community. Until zct16 he won 11 of 14 races he took part in ZakStunts. You can see an evolution in his driving style and that evolution sooner or later spread in us.

Daniel3D

I felt something similar back then. I was very insecure when I found JTK site and competition in 2003 and through that also zakstunts(although I didn't realize that until recently when I saw old site pictures).
I raced on old tracks back then and tried to get better. I wasn't good enough to join in my opinion but I felt i could get there.
When I came back in 2008/2009 (almost) ready to join I was confronted with beyond human driving styles and.. That was it.
I didn't play stunts for years afterwards. I had it installed and played a bit every now and then but I didn't really start again until covid came..

Most of the trouble is caused more my own insecurity than anything else.
But i guess it is also the reason why I started my own competition.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)