News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Series

Started by zaqrack, March 05, 2007, 08:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

I don't like to use torrents :
1/ download speed is too slow 99% of the time, my computer is not turn on all the day
2/ p2p means that you download and also you spread. In France the amount of upload is under survey in order to check people that use torrents a lot. It's more punishable by law (in France at least) to spread than to download. I don't want to get owned this way. One of my neighbours got caught and had to pay around 3000 euros !!!! Download only using rapidshare/megaupload/file factory and so on is way faster in download speed and no risk to get caught due to big upload values. ;)

Links I had before the forum got erased were 4 files per episode (around 350 Mb per episode overall), all available from different providers (easyshare, megaupload and file factory). I downloaded an episode in a few minutes : part 1 from easyshare, part 2 from megaupload and part 3 from file factory at the same time ! The fastest finished (usually file factory) => I got the 4th part from this same provider.
So, in 20 minutes I had one full episode ready to unrar and be seen. ;D

I found new links but only rapidshare ones (it's there : http://rapidshare.com/users/2XBB1G). So I can download 1 part only at the same time instead of 3, and had to wait around 70 to 90 minutes between 2 downloads. So, having 1 episode is almost as long as with torrents. :-\ But there's no other choice for the moment. And episode 18 is not yet available here...

Krys TOFF

Yeah, cool, my forum with links for Heroes (and Lost too) is back online !
Check it HERE in case you're interested. ;)

DieselJoe

Quote from: Krys TOFF on March 06, 2007, 03:34:44 PM...and had to wait around 70 to 90 minutes between 2 downloads.
Try dis- and reconnecting to the internet, that should help you get rid of the waiting time! ;)
"Why can't we not be sober?"
Tool

Krys TOFF

Quote from: DieselJoe on March 06, 2007, 07:29:53 PM
Quote from: Krys TOFF on March 06, 2007, 03:34:44 PM...and had to wait around 70 to 90 minutes between 2 downloads.
Try dis- and reconnecting to the internet, that should help you get rid of the waiting time! ;)
Yes, I do it sometimes but my IP address doesn't change at every re-start, dunno why. Maybe it's due to my web provider.
For those with fixed IP, this "trick" doesn't work.

zaqrack

Quote from: Krys TOFF on March 06, 2007, 03:34:44 PM
It's more punishable by law (in France at least) to spread than to download. I don't want to get owned this way. One of my neighbours got caught and had to pay around 3000 euros !!!!

This is evil. we only get punished by the internet providers to prevent sharing a lot, by limiting upload speed a lot. 
that's why ZakStunts is so slow sometimes, my download (your upload) is already 8Mbit, but my upload (your download) is only 0.5Mbit :-S

Krys TOFF

This is also the same : we have ADSL and not SDLS web connections (A=asymetric and S=symetric) for customers, SDLS is only for industries/business.
At home I have same as you : 8Mb download, 512kb upload. But it is planned by my web provider to improve the network this year, so I should have 16Mb download and 2Mb upload until the end of the year.
At my job, it's SDLS 4MB download and 4MB upload.

CTG

I love the network of this university: downloads 100 MBit/s, upload - dunno (at least 10 MBit/s) ;D

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on March 07, 2007, 01:28:28 PM
I love the network of this university: downloads 100 MBit/s, upload - dunno (at least 10 MBit/s) ;D
Anyway, real download speed depends of upload speed of the server you download from. 100Mb theoric, 512kb real when downloading something from Zak's site for example.

CTG

I only say this network is almost never the weak part of the chain. :)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTGI only say this network is almost never the weak part of the chain. :)
With such speed, that's sure. ;)

CTG

Yep, check this: downloading dirty film via FTP from one of the servers.  ;D

CTG

!hint Young Girls are over 18.

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on March 07, 2007, 11:29:43 PM
OK, we believe you're not a pedofile
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Paleke

Quote from: Chulk on March 08, 2007, 03:50:24 PM
Quote from: CTG on March 07, 2007, 11:29:43 PM
OK, we believe you're not a pedofile

Ok...  ::)

But back to the subjet. Series I'm watching right now:
- Lost
- Battlestar Galactica
- Scrubs

Series I used to watch (not in air anymore):
- Firefly (it got cancelled... damn it!)
- Titus (sitcom)
- The Drew Carey Show (sitcom)
- Whose line is it anyway? (funny improvisation show)
- 24 (ok, this one is still aired, but after the second season it became too "unrealistic")

That's all I remember right now.
I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Paleke24 (ok, this one is still aired, but after the second season it became too "unrealistic")
I think it too, that's why I stopped after season 3.

Back to Heroes (damn, this serie is really getting better and better).
I watched number 15 yesterday, I think I'll have watched up to last one (18) this week-end. ;D

It's interesting to go search for heroes pictures, look this one :

Paul E. Sylar born in 1962. Which relation with the Sylar we know in the serie...?
And 1962 is also the creation of Primatech. Any relation ?

Also, comics reading are really needed. I liked the link between episode 14-comic 20 "road kill"-episode 15.