News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Stunts WIKI

Started by BonzaiJoe, December 30, 2007, 03:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

One thing I really love about this community is how we've almost developed our own language. I think it could be great if we could list all the terms here and maybe make some kind of encyclopedia :)

Some obvious examples are:

R(eplay) H(andling)
Power gear/6th gear
Magic Carpet
Time Hiding

Let's list them all :)
But we can't be quite sure.

Chulk

Power gear is also simply PG
NoRH as well as RH
L(eading) T(ime) B(onus)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

zaqrack

may I add pipsqueak? :)
also:

time hiders
ghosts

I highly support the encyclopedia! It's time to update the FAQ on site (last modified in 2001 :))

CTG

CTG

BonzaiJoe

Fence-sliding
Loopcut
LTB-fight
Quiet days
fast grass
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Duplode

Mislav

zaqrack

ok, this will lead nowhere this way, so from the next post please include definitons also. If you have something to modify/add, just quote the previous post and do so, like in wikipedia. We'll have a nice Stunts-WIKI soon. :)
I'll try to add some basic definitions in some minutes...

please edit my post, I'm going to set up a wiki software on the server to make this easier, this wiki is the greatest idea of 2007 :)

zaqrack

Replay Handling / RH
A greatly helpful rule in online tournaments, which allows pipsqueaks to simply rewind the replay after a crash, or running off the road, and continue driving from some seconds earlier. This way you can not enter your name in Stunts' internal highscore table, but your final saved replay will be valid for online competitions. RH allows pipsqueaks to save a lot of time, achieve better results, and do insane stunts.   
There is an endless debate on RH in the community, whether it's a good thing, or not, but as there is no way to proof (without the usage of extrenal tools) whether a pipsqueak used RH or not, it's allowed by default.

Power Gear / 6th Gear / PG
Some cars in stunts have the ability to reach a so-called 6th gear. This usually happens while driving in the last official gear with a high RPM, and doing a jump. Some cars can reach it from any speed, when driving on a loop, and shifting to the last gear.
6th gear allows cars to go a lot faster than the given maximum speed. Some cars have a so called: "true 6th gear", and they don't even slow down on grass, when driving in 6th gear. These are: ...

Others simply have a higher maximum speed than stated, which can be reached by the above described way.
These are: ...
Finding the 6th gear spots on a competition track is the key to victory.
6th gear was officially confirmed by Stunts lead programmer Kevin Pickell as a programming bug.

Ghost
When a person takes part in a competition under different nicknames, the characters created apart from his/her main character is called a ghost. Ghosts can influence competitions in a negative way, especially online votes. The Track Design Contest of 2002 ended in a ghost scandal, when CTG voted with multiple personalities.

Time hiding / Time hiders
A pipsqueak having a really fast, winning replay, but not sending it, only replays where he slows down at the end, reaching the pole position only with some milliseconds is called a time hider. Altough time hiding is slightly unethical, it's a key method for winning a track of hard battles. 

Pipsqueak
When racing in Stunts against Otto, and he manages to beat you, he calls you a "young pipsqueak". This term has settled in the Stunts community, often substituting the word "pipsqueak".

ZakStunts / ZSC
Long name: Zak McKracken's Stunts Competition, or Zak's Stunts Competition. An online competition running continuously since March, 2001. It was the first competition which required pipsqueaks to drive different cars each month, and also the first one to implement a fully automatic php based replay sending form and scoreboard system. Altough there were competitions with higher number of participants, ZakStunts is often considered as the most influencing competition of the online Stunts community. 

World Stunts Meeting / WSM
A meeting with a pre-set date and place, where pipsqueaks from all around the world can meet eachother, race stunts, do live stunts, and have fun. Altough it's called a world meeting, by far only European pipsqueaks have gathered. By far there were three WSM's. The first in 2004, taking place in Budapest, Hungary, then 2005, Aarhus, Denmark, and in 2006 Budapest again. In 2007, altough planned, there was no WSM organized. 

CTG

CTG

CB - Chili beans, international food of Stunts players. ;D

CTG

Addition to ghost:

Secondary ghosts are existing people. They send other pipsqueak's replays to the competition with an illegal agreement to pass the IP checking tests. (Myron, Gelato Baker, etc.)

zaqrack

Quote from: CTG on December 30, 2007, 08:58:08 PM
Addition to ghost:

Secondary ghosts are existing people. They send other pipsqueak's replays to the competition with an illegal agreement to pass the IP checking tests. (Myron, Gelato Baker, etc.)

please quote my post, edit it accodring to your taste, and then delete the quote tag