News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

stunts.hu

Started by zaqrack, January 31, 2008, 06:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

Well, the server change was as flawless and easy as I have never dreamed it!

forum, wiki, zakstunts, portal all moved.
subdomains still not set, but they will be soon.
I'm also redirecting stunts.mine.nu from my home server to stunts.hu

enjoy :) and please report on the change of the server speed!

zaqrack

first bug: the forum lost all the special accents. This cannot be fixed sorry :( Fortunately mostly only Hungarian topics are involved.

CTG

Emoticons and pictures seem to be problematic too...

JTK

Ah - everything is new! :-) But still, when I open stunts.hu advertisement pop ups appear.
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: zaqrack on January 31, 2008, 07:26:25 PM
first bug: the forum lost all the special accents. This cannot be fixed sorry :( Fortunately mostly only Hungarian topics are involved.

... no comment

+ attachments lost
+ main page redirects from the old address, but the forum doesn't...

Was it worthy?  ::)
Chürműű! :-)

513.59 km

zaqrack

Quote from: Akoss Poo on February 01, 2008, 09:10:22 AM

... no comment

+ attachments lost

it does redirect. stunts.mine.nu/forum redirects to stunts.hu/forum. If you used a different entry point than this, of course it does not redirect.

attachments got transferred and work. Only your last 5 attachemnts dont, as you uploaded them after I transferred the folders. Sorry.

And it was worthy. Now if anything crashes we have daily backups and better reliability anyways. I would have died along with all the data if my HDD would have crashed at home. Not to mention the faster server speed.

zaqrack

Quote from: JTK on February 01, 2008, 09:07:21 AM
Ah - everything is new! :-) But still, when I open stunts.hu advertisement pop ups appear.

it miust be some counter's side effect then. They will be removed as I received a great statistics subpage with the hosting,

Quote from: zaqrack on February 01, 2008, 09:59:29 AM
Quote from: Akoss Poo on February 01, 2008, 09:10:22 AM

... no comment

+ attachments lost

it does redirect. stunts.mine.nu/forum redirects to stunts.hu/forum. If you used a different entry point than this, of course it does not redirect.

attachments got transferred the forum engine cant see them yet. It'll be fixed hopefully.

And it was worthy. Now if anything crashes we have daily backups and better reliability anyways. I would have died along with all the data if my HDD would have crashed at home. Not to mention the faster server speed.

I don't think it's worthy. Posts with special accents in SIX years lost, all, and I don't think the other things compensate this. But you know. I always used http://stunts.mine.nu/forum/index.php link, saved in the favorites.

513.59 km

zaqrack

1. Posts are not lost, only the special characters inside are subsituted with question marks. I'm also quite upset, but can live with it.
2. Imagine losing all content (and I have only partial backups on my home server, no RAID or such security) three years later. Then ALL posts of the last TEN years would be lost. I don't want to risk such a thing to happen, and this is worth some money and question marks in my opinion.

3. - if you removed index.php from the end of the link, you get redirected.

zaqrack

Quote from: CTG on January 31, 2008, 07:32:30 PM

still? they work for me...

Quote from: zaqrack on February 01, 2008, 10:34:04 AM2. Imagine losing all content (and I have only partial backups on my home server, no RAID or such security) three years later. Then ALL posts of the last TEN years would be lost. I don't want to risk such a thing to happen, and this is worth some money and question marks in my opinion.

We lost all of the chat logs some years ago... I think a bigger wound on the stunts world's memories can't be made.

513.59 km

zaqrack

Now that is something what is impossible to happen again BECAUSE we moved to the new server, as it is protected from hackers.

zaqrack

Quote from: CTG on January 31, 2008, 07:32:30 PM

found the bug, changed the directory. It should be okay now!

CTG

;D Good. ;D

Pop-up may come with Nedstat (or whatever is it called now) because I have Clustermaps and Statgep too without any ads.

zaqrack

popup should be gone, I removed the stats. The one I was given is sufficient for me :)