News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Shape ideas

Started by CTG, October 22, 2008, 06:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Thank you for the well-detailed explanation. It will be really hard to estimate the performance of some cheat cars: no torque peak, just maximized value everywhere.

(~3000 HP is the maximum - bye-bye realistic airplanes, I have to cheat with their mass)

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on December 18, 2012, 03:54:29 PM
(~3000 HP is the maximum - bye-bye realistic airplanes, I have to cheat with their mass)

Depends on what you understand by "realistic"  :D The mass parameter doesn't really affect anything but acceleration (not even braking  :o), so you aren't going to lose much by scaling it down.

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on December 19, 2012, 03:25:06 PM
Quote from: CTG on December 18, 2012, 03:54:29 PM

Depends on what you understand by "realistic"  :D The mass parameter doesn't really affect anything but acceleration (not even braking  :o), so you aren't going to lose much by scaling it down.

You should see the Mriya's acceleration with maxed torque curve. It's pathetic.

CTG

Another legendary car. :D

dstien

Hahaha! Most excellent, CTG. Most excellent.

BonzaiJoe

Other legendary cars:
Batmobile
Grease Lightning
The Sheepdog from Dumb & Dumber
Ford T
Flying Car from Harry Potter (or other places)

Shape ideas:
Limo
Bicycle
Police car
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Let me see...

Batmobile: Which one?
Grease Lightning: ???
The Sheepdog from Dumb & Dumber: ;D
Ford T: I made a crappy raw model about that few weeks ago, should be fixed
Flying Car from Harry Potter: no way, I hate HP

Limo: Nice one! Handling could be quite unique with it's limited cornering ability.
Bicycle: done (and a roller, too ;D)
Police car: any cars could be modified to cop car with custom paintjob and roof lights. Which one woud you prefer?

Other legendary cars:
- General Lee
- DeLorean from Back to the Future
- Herbie (VW Beetle)
- Peugeot 403 (Columbo's car)

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on December 20, 2012, 11:22:33 AM
Batmobile: Which one?
Obviously Keaton's movie was the best!

Grease Lightning: ???
Travolta's car in 'Grease' (I suppose)

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on December 20, 2012, 11:15:54 AM
The Sheepdog from Dumb & Dumber: ;D
Hate the movie and everything related to it except JC

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on December 20, 2012, 11:15:54 AM
Ford T
A must have classic!

Other legendary cars:
- General Lee
- DeLorean from Back to the Future
Yes, please!

Here's a couple cars I'd love to race with:

Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

CTG

Fighting against my daemon (the car I always wanted to build) - seems to be too hard to make a decent 3D model. At least the engine is ready. If I say the torque value is constant between 74h and 89h, will you find out which car it is?

Another topic: I wish we could have an upgraded CarBlaster with Windows compatibility. The bar graph settings are annoying.

CTG

Quote from: CTG on January 07, 2013, 08:38:06 AM
Fighting against my daemon (the car I always wanted to build) - seems to be too hard to make a decent 3D model. At least the engine is ready. If I say the torque value is constant between 74h and 89h, will you find out which car it is?

And that constant torque value is 202. It's not that hard to find out which car has such a strong engine...   ;)

Overdrijf

Wow, I missed something in this topic. CTG is on the loose.

CTG

Okay, it's time to finish (or rather suspend) creating new 3D shapes and try to work on engines / dashboards. On one hand, knowing the physical background of CarBlaster tuning values, it seems to be fun. On the other hand, dashboards are still annoying - any volunteers to create some?  :D

So what's left (will be updated, just like airplane set):

Bugatti Veyron: finish dashboard

F1 car: upgrade to season 2013 (waiting for the new paintjobs)

Flinstone car: engine setting, dashboard

Ikarus 260: revise torque curve

Knight Industries 2000: finish dashboard

Lada Niva (Comeback): engine settings for the non-tuned version, dashboard

Lada VAZ 2105: engine settings, dashboard

Mountain bike: "engine" settings (basic concept: 2 smu weight, max. RPM: 512, waiting for bike experts' opinion), "dashboard"

Porsche 550 Spyder: dashboard

Roller: project status is the same as for bike :D

Skoda 120:: minor change of the 3D shape, dashboard

Subaru Impreza WRC: fine tuning of the engine (acceleration curve is a bit weird); finish dashboard

Top Fuel dragster: dashboard

zaqrack

max RPM for a bike can be hardly over 180RPM and that's already far from the efficiency peak.

Most efficient pedaling comes in the range of 90-110RPM. Typical long-term power output of pipsqueaks is at 300Watts for several hours, best sprinters can output 1500-2000Watts but of course only for a short time.
This is of course all for a racing bike :)

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on January 30, 2013, 01:40:27 PM
max RPM for a bike can be hardly over 180RPM and that's already far from the efficiency peak.

Most efficient pedaling comes in the range of 90-110RPM. Typical long-term power output of pipsqueaks is at 300Watts for several hours, best sprinters can output 1500-2000Watts but of course only for a short time.
This is of course all for a racing bike :)

Thanks! Unfortunately the torque curve contains 128 rpm steps, so it must be manipulated a bit to get a realistic bike.