News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Melange XGT-88 19th anniversary

Started by alanrotoi, May 22, 2021, 07:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cas

Great video!  Just downloaded the car. You say it's better to use another copy of Stunts, but the performance parameters are compatible, right?  So if I record a replay with the new one, it should still be compatible. Or am I wrong?
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

Thanks!
I really don't know. I recommended just in case. It's 19th anniversary because is mean to be used in 2022's competitions because of that. If there is no problem then we would replace it right now.

KyLiE

Quote from: alanrotoi on August 09, 2021, 12:36:05 AM
The new version of Melange XGT-88 is available. Here is a video explaining all the specs of the car.

Great video! :) I've been looking forward to this.  If you only changed the visuals and not the performance parameters (Including the operation of the gearbox) then it should be compatible.  Only testing will confirm this though.

alanrotoi

Thank you! Do you recognize the 3 songs of the video? ::)

Only visuals were changes so it should be ok.

alanrotoi

KyLiE

Quote from: alanrotoi on August 09, 2021, 06:23:26 PM
Thank you! Do you recognize the 3 songs of the video? ::)

Yes!  They are metal covers of the original Stunts music:

• Introduction
  • Loose Evaluation
  • Win Evaluation

Zapper

Hi Alan,

Firstly let me give you the congrats for you nice work with this melange 19th anniversary model!

Please allow me to ask you this, are the power specs in showcase accurate?

From what I found in the previous model (using caredit3) it has 605bhp and the folowing torque curve (approximately):

alanrotoi

Thank you Zapper! You're right the specs aren't accurate. Let me explain:
They are the specs from 2003. In those times there wasn't a tool to check those numbers so everybody just wrote fantasy numbers for their own cars. In Melange case: the cc and HP were aproximately numbers from Turismo Carretera cars. Also the maximum speed I wrote 216 mph in the game just to make a similar feeling of hte IMSA cars but in fact the maximum speed is 218 (it can reach 220 but suddenly drops to 218 so I take 218 as max speed).

Also the price of the car was a joke to make it super cheap opposed to the other custom cars that were super expensive. ;D

I didn't realize to add the data from caredit to make the video more accurate. It would have been cool to add them. Maybe in the presentation video of the next car... ;)

Ryoma

The torque curve is very strange with many steps.

Ryoma

KyLiE

The latest release that I know of is from Zapper right here on the forum.

Ryoma

I try one car of mine and I made a mistake of +5% on the torque and power. It's not a problem because I adapt the weight consequently in order to have the real value for 0-60mph, 0-1000m and when known 60mph-0 for brake.

Caredit seems cool for gear ratio.

Do you think it's possible to have a software which directly made a picture with a 3d view of the car and characteristics below. Like in the show room

Daniel3D

Quote from: Ryoma on August 20, 2021, 12:57:42 AM
Do you think it's possible to have a software which directly made a picture with a 3d view of the car and characteristics below. Like in the show room
I think that can be done.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

alanrotoi

KyLiE helped me to polish some details of Melange, some errors about lower detail colors, etc. This is the final version. I attached here and attached in the first message. Download and save this final version of the car ;)

Thank you!!

alanrotoi

I uploaded the .rar again because I forgot to submit the file "melange.txt". It's an updated info about the car and grammatically corrected by KyLiE ;)