News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

stunts.hu landing page

Started by Overdrijf, May 26, 2023, 05:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreadnaut

Quote from: Duplode on June 20, 2023, 02:35:45 AMThe Wiki has a reasonably well populated Competitions category.

How did I not find that? 🤦

My preference would be to move all details from the portal to each competition page in the Wiki, where they are easier to edit, and then replace the many banners without information with a single link to the Competitions category. The portal would then represent the live community, while the wiki would be its archive.

Then we have more space on the portal for... <suggestions welcome!>

Quote from: Daniel3D on June 20, 2023, 10:23:12 AMI was thinking about an open field, set by the competition manager.
But in the line that I use at NTT.
Car name as link to the Wiki and the ID.
For visual purposes I can accept using a standard line like "variable carpacks" for CCC.

I'd rather not have a potentially long description in each event, duplicating what is already on the track page. We can tweak competition descriptions though, and make sure the elements that make them different stand out.

Imagine the portal as a calendar with small boxes, 'cause one of the next steps is a nice visualisation like the one you suggested ;D

Cas

I like your approach. I can also contribute to tidying up anything needed in the wiki. I've been working on articles about different tournaments, adding info and creating some that weren't there, so I could do some more of that.

Hey, how about Live Races?  Should there be an entry for Le Stunts in the portal?  Maybe one that populates whenever there's a scheduled live race.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Daniel3D

Quote from: dreadnaut on June 20, 2023, 02:44:23 PM
Quote from: Daniel3D on June 20, 2023, 10:23:12 AMI was thinking about an open field, set by the competition manager.
But in the line that I use at NTT.
Car name as link to the Wiki and the ID.
For visual purposes I can accept using a standard line like "variable carpacks" for CCC.

I'd rather not have a potentially long description in each event, duplicating what is already on the track page. We can tweak competition descriptions though, and make sure the elements that make them different stand out.
You misunderstood me.
I only meant it in reference to the car driven for the track.
Unlike ZakStunts, it changes per track.
For R4K and NTT it's only one car.
For CCC the current reference is sufficient.
I agree that it should be as clean and simple as possible. But the car is, at least for the single car competitions, important information.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Daniel3D

Quote from: Cas on June 20, 2023, 08:07:45 PMI like your approach. I can also contribute to tidying up anything needed in the wiki. I've been working on articles about different tournaments, adding info and creating some that weren't there, so I could do some more of that.

Hey, how about Live Races?  Should there be an entry for Le Stunts in the portal?  Maybe one that populates whenever there's a scheduled live race.
I think that there should be one for le stunts and your easytour.
But only visible when an event is planned.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

dreadnaut

Quote from: Daniel3D on June 20, 2023, 10:54:57 PMYou misunderstood me.

No no, I got it the first time, but I might not have replied clearly. Let me try again: I don't think there is a smooth way to have information about cars, because there are too many possibilities. You could have one car, a set of four, a list so long that you have to write "A car pack". Different people might use different text, and being only text its value would be reduced for custom cars.

I prefer not to add a field for generic text, at least right now. Let's take a moment to digest and work on what we have.

Daniel3D

Quote from: dreadnaut on June 20, 2023, 11:54:45 PM
Quote from: Daniel3D on June 20, 2023, 10:54:57 PMYou misunderstood me.

No no, I got it the first time, but I might not have replied clearly. Let me try again: I don't think there is a smooth way to have information about cars, because there are too many possibilities. You could have one car, a set of four, a list so long that you have to write "A car pack". Different people might use different text, and being only text its value would be reduced for custom cars.

I prefer not to add a field for generic text, at least right now. Let's take a moment to digest and work on what we have.
Ok. Clear.
I think a CSV file in the Wiki and car ID in the API is a good solution.
You can write rules for displaying cars based on the information in te csv.
And the car creator's are responsible for the wiki based csv file.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

dreadnaut

Quote from: dreadnaut on June 20, 2023, 02:44:23 PMMy preference would be to move all details from the portal to each competition page in the Wiki, where they are easier to edit, and then replace the many banners without information with a single link to the Competitions category. The portal would then represent the live community, while the wiki would be its archive.

Then we have more space on the portal for... <suggestions welcome!>

I have created a new portal page for inactive competitions, so they are gone from the home page.

1. Do we have Wiki pages for all competitions? Can you help me compile a list so I can link to those pages from the inactive competitions list?

2. Let's restart this thread: what do you think should appear on the Stunts portal?

Cas

Earth is my country. Science is my religion.