News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Christmas special event | Kevin's Gifts

Started by Daniel3D, December 14, 2023, 10:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel3D

Christmas is coming.

The holiday season is about to start and the ZakStunts season comes to an end. The dark days of winter are upon us and the long wait until the next ZakStunts season will begin.
But there is LIGHT, a Christmas miracle.. The Kevin Pickell ghost of Christmas Past saw the light and fixed the bug..

For this holiday special event race the Powergear bug is no more. What will this mean for the game? Is it still fun? Where did the rum go? Come and test your favourite car.

Download the carpack and play on your copy of the game or download the CCC-game-pack on the CCC website and just start racing. The race starts in a few hours. Until January 7th. See you on the track and MERRY CHRISTMAS
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Argammon

Thanks for another great effort, Daniel. That is really appreciated. Unfortunately, I am not going to race during the Christmas break. But I am really curious to see how the cars compare to one another after the bug has been fixed.

For example, currently the Lancia is better than the Lambo and the Carrera (it has a lower balanced bonus according to Duplode's work). I would guess the Lancia is the worst of the three after the fix. Let's see!  8)

Shoegazing Leo

The track works well with slower and faster cars. Great track design by Patito Rotoi (look likes name of a enganche from Leandro N. Alem, the third team from Avellaneda).

Daniel3D

Quote from: Shoegazing Leo on December 14, 2023, 03:55:42 PMThe track works well with slower and faster cars. Great track design by Patito Rotoi (look likes name of a enganche from Leandro N. Alem, the third team from Avellaneda).
I'm happy to hear that it feels good for all cars. I had several tracks in mind, fast and slow ones. This track was also used for the third race this year. Alan Rotoi designed for a balance between a slower but fast accelerating car and a faster but slow accelerating car. And one in between as well. They ended up with similar times so I hoped it would work for this lot as well.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

alanrotoi

Thank you! Track on demand seems a new subgenre of track building ;D

Daniel3D

Quote from: alanrotoi on December 15, 2023, 05:12:59 AMThank you! Track on demand seems a new subgenre of track building ;D
That's a nice way to say I'm a very demanding person  8)
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Mark Nailwood

Hi @Daniel3D and all the others racing at the CCC! As stated in the "Rules": Finishing by passing outside the poles or over the banner is not considered a legal finish.
I just checked the fastest replays from all current drivers, and only the ones from @Duplode and @Spoonboy are clearly finishing with passing under the banner. The one from @Shoegazing Leo is a borderline case, as it just touches the top of the banner, but the ones from @Cas, @Erik Barros and @alanrotoi all finish with jumping high above the banner. Also, all of my current replays are invalid, as I was not aware of this rule when I sent them.
Sure, we could fix our replays easily by just braking at the appropriate point before the finish, but then the resulting times will be slower and will not replace the previously sent ones with the invalid finish. So, I suggest making all current and possible future pipsqueaks aware of this rule, maybe by placing an extra remark at the "Post a Replay" section, and additionally all current invalid replays should be removed so that we can send fixed ones.

Cas

Oh!  Well, we have time. We could just send new replays. It's easy to say for me, because I only sent a few, but some of you have sent with all cars! :O
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Erik Barros

Hey @Mark Nailwood , thanks for the warning, in fact I checked @Duplode replay yesterday and noticed that he slowed down at the finish line, I thought it was strange and went to confirm the rules. I have already participated in previous editions and never paid attention to passing through the banner, if there were valid laps it was due to pure luck. You did very good laps with all the cars, what did you think of this version of the modified cars? @Daniel3D did a great job with this pack.

Spoonboy

I was about to mention this, but @Mark Nailwood beat me to it ;)

Daniel3D

Ok. I didn't know that it would be so easy to get a flyby.
Something to take into account for future tracks.

I rephrased the rule recently after the ZakStunts track with the instant finish bug. But the rules effectively haven't changed since the beginning of the season.

I can't check the replay files at the moment. But I'll change the status of the ones mentioned to unverified. If I make a mistake it's easy to correct and the don't disappear.

Thanks for checking and posting.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

alanrotoi

Free rules are so standard that I forgot this rule here. I'll update my following replays with valid rules. Thanks @Mark Nailwood

Daniel3D

Quote from: alanrotoi on December 28, 2023, 01:39:18 PMFree rules are so standard that I forgot this rule here. I'll update my following replays with valid rules. Thanks @Mark Nailwood
After reviewing the replay list and realising (after rejecting half of the replays) that I would have to reject more than 80% of the replays. I felt conflicted..
Since I feel partly responsible for the track design and such a massive violation makes me feel like this rule was not clear.

I have decided to allow the fly over as exception.
Though I'm aware that it affects those who did follow the rules. The fallout is much less, and I rather be lenient than strict in Christmas time...

Love to you all,
Daniel
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Cas

The thing is it's harder to post a better replay and also not fly over the finish line. On the other hand, if you first drove the correct way, you can now do the opposite
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Spoonboy

This is frustrating, as I've been working hard to improve my (already correctly driven) laps!
I read and understood the rules, which I think are stated clearly. I'm surprised that seasoned veterans of the various Stunts races have missed such details. It was awareness that there were subtle differences between the CCC rules and other races, that made me double check these rules.

However, it is what it is.
Like in many other races, it is a chance to adapt and improve further!
(Though I have a replay you may wish to see, that I'll share after the race is over  ;))