News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Stunts WIKI

Started by BonzaiJoe, December 30, 2007, 03:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoegazing Leo

I create a page about The Guns Of Brixton. Very curious what we almost signed vamologocomisso, but he only joined the year after.

USC_closure

Quote from: Shoegazing Leo on April 24, 2015, 01:09:09 AM
I create a page about The Guns Of Brixton. Very curious what we almost signed vamologocomisso, but he only joined the year after.

Do you know anything about him (and Dark Chaser)? They are both excellent drivers.

USC_closure

Quote from: Shoegazing Leo on April 25, 2015, 05:30:48 PM
Dark Chaser deleted me or deleted their Facebook.

Strange.

I've also blocked all Stunts pipsqueaks but Lise, Akoss Poo and Usrin.

zaqrack

but you are still here.  :o

CTG

Is there a way to create new wiki categories with limited access for team specific content?

I would like to make some new articles related to useless Looping stats (e.g. sport records), which could be edited only by team members. And of course by the Wiki admin.

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on August 03, 2020, 11:49:58 AM
Is there a way to create new wiki categories with limited access for team specific content?

I would like to make some new articles related to useless Looping stats (e.g. sport records), which could be edited only by team members. And of course by the Wiki admin.

I think it can be done, by creating a custom protection level. I'll look into it and get back to you.

(Do note that, while editing can be restricted, viewing can't. Also, the list of users which can edit is fairly short already.)

Duplode

Quote from: Duplode on August 03, 2020, 09:15:46 PM
I think it can be done, by creating a custom protection level. I'll look into it and get back to you.

I have just done it, in a somewhat different way. Any page in the "Looping Warriors" namespace (for instance, Looping Warriors:Home) will only be editable by admins and users in the looping-warriors group (which right now consists of you and Akoss, as Usrin doesn't have an account yet).

(Everyone else: If your team is also interested in having a namespace of its own, just let me know.)

afullo

Just pour parler, since we just did it for a Star Trek wiki in Italian; could be of some use to update the MediaWiki version of the Stunts Wiki? ;)

dreadnaut

Quote from: afullo on November 02, 2020, 11:14:29 PM
Just pour parler, since we just did it for a Star Trek wiki in Italian; could be of some use to update the MediaWiki version of the Stunts Wiki? ;)

That could be a good idea, which nice things would we get?

I see two obstacles: first my "if it ain't broken..." bias :P, but mainly the hosting we have is currently on an old version of PHP, and I have no way to update it (Zak might, but I'm not sure)

afullo

Lots of things, but I was mostly concerned about support, since versions prior to 1.31 are considered as deprecated, thus not being supported properly anymore in case of need.

Yes, versions from 1.31 onward would require PHP 7, so if we are running on 4 or 5 we cannot update...

Cas

Reading the Wiki, I found that the car parameters (from the .res file) as specified in the Car files article (http://wiki.stunts.hu/index.php?title=Car_files) does not match the distribution described in the Car parameters article (http://wiki.stunts.hu/index.php?title=Car_parameters). My feeling is that the Car parameters article is newer and more thorough and therefore, more likely to contain the correct information. I can make some experiments to confirm this, but if you guys already know the answer, we could fix it sooner. Perhaps the Car files article refers to version 1.0?
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Duplode

Quote from: Cas on December 10, 2020, 02:45:11 AM
Reading the Wiki, I found that the car parameters (from the .res file) as specified in the Car files article (http://wiki.stunts.hu/index.php?title=Car_files) does not match the distribution described in the Car parameters article (http://wiki.stunts.hu/index.php?title=Car_parameters). My feeling is that the Car parameters article is newer and more thorough and therefore, more likely to contain the correct information. I can make some experiments to confirm this, but if you guys already know the answer, we could fix it sooner.

Well spotted, thanks. It is indeed the case the "Car files" article is the older one, and the "Car parameters" one had the correct values, plus a few later discoveries that were missing from the chart. I have fixed the discrepancies.

Quote from: Cas on December 10, 2020, 02:45:11 AM
Perhaps the Car files article refers to version 1.0?

IIRC the CAR*.RES parameters are the same across both versions; the changes in car behaviour arise from small differences elsewhere in the game engine.

Cas

Thanks, Duplode!  After I wrote the last message, I've been making a research and I've learnt a lot about the format. I made a text file that contains in separate sections what each car has for each parameter. It's interesting to look at, but too long and untidy to be an article!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

afullo

An example of what you can highlight as markup with a new MediaWiki version.

PS: Star Trek Discovery spoiler alert! (I was working on that...)