News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

stunts.hu

Started by zaqrack, January 31, 2008, 06:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

Quote from: dreadnaut on August 02, 2013, 05:39:42 PM
Quote from: Duplode on August 02, 2013, 05:08:32 PMI would maybe consider showing only one post from the day, rather than a few of them, on each reload, as that means there are more possible choices, and also because in most cases it is funnier to read the messages out of their context  :D That is just personal taste anyway.

Ah, I see! I added more than one post to give context, because I had no idea what they meant otherwise. But if I'm ruining the comedic effect, I can go back to the old code :)

At the moment it shows no more than five (randomly chosen but in sequence) from a random previous year.

I prefer it this way :)

Usrin

zak.stunts.hu shows nothing but an empty white page...  :-[
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

zaqrack

error was reported to the hosting company. Waiting for their reply.

dreadnaut

How much traffic does the main stunts.hu page get? Should we make it more interesting?

This is a call for suggestions for the portal page! Ideas about contents, graphics, colors. About what should be large and loud and what is secondary.

News? Images? Videos? Links?

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

automatic update of replays sent during quiet days...
Chürműű! :-)

513.59 km

zaqrack

The portal gets stable 5-10 hits per week. I would not bother much. Perhaps we could:

- put a stunts (+cars) download link. 
- stunts videos from youtube (draws attention)
- link the stunts wiki with more emphasis
- short explanation on why taking part in competitions is cool :)
- dancing cats and animated gifs

:)

alanrotoi

I like all of them but maybe these two will bring most of the hits

Quote from: zaqrack on August 11, 2014, 10:14:52 PM
- put a stunts (+cars) download link. 
- stunts videos from youtube (draws attention)

CTG

And some pictures of busty chicks... ;D

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: zaqrack on August 11, 2014, 10:14:52 PM

- dancing cats and animated gifs

Feel free to extract them from the Streetcats video.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Since ZakStunts is the only active racing site, the competition should take "stunts.hu", with a links subpage (containing inactive competitions).

Shoegazing Leo

I red today the Mini-FAQ. I believe what needs a little update about DosBox and the modern PCs with 64-bits.

Cas

Main stunts.hu portal not working?  I'm getting a blank page.

Following the old discussion above, I believe that, even when we normally don't check it much, it's important for it to have something there and to check from time to time to make sure it's active because new people that come across the community likely fall there first. It could have information on what online tournaments are about in general, have a link to the forum, the wiki and the currently running tournamens (as I remember it does). Videos would be great too.

This time, I was trying to get to it because I remember Dreadnaut had told me that I could set up a json file in R4K so that the portal would auto-detect the current track and I wanted to get an idea of the file name and its structure.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Duplode

Quote from: Cas on September 09, 2018, 09:53:57 PM
Main stunts.hu portal not working?  I'm getting a blank page.

Well spotted. How odd -- it was working fine two or three days ago, when I last had a look at it...

dreadnaut

Quote from: Duplode on September 10, 2018, 03:07:45 AM
Well spotted. How odd -- it was working fine two or three days ago, when I last had a look at it...

That was just me messing about, sorry. I've been working updating stuff here and there in the last weeks, with a PHP 7 upgrade in mind.

@Cas
This is the ZakStunts file for the running race. I removed that part of the portal at a certain point, but I can put it back one of these days.