News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Stunts WIKI

Started by BonzaiJoe, December 30, 2007, 03:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Just a moment ago I was making plans for starting a few missing pages...  :)

As for actually usage of the contents, there is also some handy technical reference there - the Wiki is the first place I go to when I can't recall some of those arcane facts about file formats and modding quirks.

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on October 11, 2012, 04:04:41 PM
Just a moment ago I was making plans for starting a few missing pages...  :)

As for actually usage of the contents, there is also some handy technical reference there - the Wiki is the first place I go to when I can't recall some of those arcane facts about file formats and modding quirks.

Yep, from this aspect it can be used as a base of "hacker" knowledge.

CTG

Pathetic or not, I forgot how to add a new article - so I had to look after in Wikipedia. ;D

Semi-OFF: the own knowledge has less and less importance, since everything is available at Wikipedia. What will the next generations do, if they lose the internet connection (disaster, war, etc.)?

BonzaiJoe

WikiPedia should sell backups. I wonder how much space it would take up if all graphics were removed.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on October 17, 2012, 11:22:22 AM
WikiPedia should sell backups. I wonder how much space it would take up if all graphics were removed.

Or how many pages of a printed version... (no more forests? :D)

dstien

Duplode

Yesterday I started a small article with some racing advice for beginners at http://wiki.stunts.hu/index.php/Driving_tips . It is not exactly a "Driving School" feature, as the tips are quite terse and general; so there is a lot of room for expansion. Thanks to Dreadnaut for reminding me of the need for something in that vein!

In my next editing spree I intend to work on the missing pages about track elements and (custom) cars. Help with that will be welcome, too  ;)

Duplode

Just wrote an article on illusion tracks: http://wiki.stunts.hu/index.php/Illusion_track . It contains a cursory explanation of what makes the effects possible and a few examples. The final example (symmetrical dual-way tracks) is, as far as I am aware of, a novelty. The examples are not very comprehensive (as of now they are geared more towards fooling the track validation as opposed to TOFF-style psychedelic craziness), so please add or suggest more illustrations  :)

alanrotoi

I want to add info about 4dsl but I can't find the time  :-[

CTG

Quote from: alanrotoi on February 17, 2013, 08:50:07 AM

Are you that busy or what?

alanrotoi

I could do it in the following days.

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on February 17, 2013, 11:14:29 AM
Quote from: alanrotoi on February 17, 2013, 08:50:07 AM

Are you that busy or what?
He lost his watch
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

alanrotoi

Could somebody give me permissions to create an account, etc? I already wrote the article.

Come to the chat http://forum.stunts.hu/chat/index.php I'm there now :)

alanrotoi

Did you correct something of the article Dup? Will you upload it?